Epic 40,000 Ork Horde Conversions (Pt5) Ork Warboss

Started working on this guy with the intention of him being my warboss, but after a small mishap (I glued the main body piece on backwards!) and several issues with the over all build I think he might be demoted to a regular nob and I will start again on a new warboss! I was trying for more of the blocky look of (the amazing!) Ghazghkull Mag Uruk Thraka.




I'm not to displeased with this one but he has more of anime/tau battle suit look to the main parts so I had to add a lot of out of place plating to the expose areas which was'nt too neat. The stomach plate in particular was the only way I was able to hide the fact that the way I model him left his 'stumps' where his feet had been removed, hanging out the bottom of the suit. He had to be set more forward then the original nob as these shoulder pads were made a lot wider to allow the room for more details. Though I did spend a bit of time detailing the back of this one, and designing a slightly more visually interesting chimney system, some of which will need to be sculpted on. 

 Oh well. He's turned out pretty ork-y just not the look I was going for! Still needs his CC arm to be made. The teeth on the jaw plate and the stomach plate took up way too much time- they are even smaller then the first one I tried to make, I could barley pick them up with the knife- but the photo seems to enlarge them a hell of a lot!

 

Comments