Epic 40,000 Ork Horde Conversions (Pt4) Gunwagon + Ork Big Mek With Kustom Force Field

 Been plugging away this weekend getting some more work done. I find myself being very slow right now, but I'm finding working with plasticard getting easier and easier! 

Just a quick gunwagon that I knocked up while watching a movie. I have worked out that making several minis over a couple of days and leaving the rivets until I have several to do at once will speed up the process. So no detailing on this one yet, but I enjoy the simplicity of this one.

 


The nob stand (minus the missing rivets!) complete and ready for Green stuff and Priming-If this damn rain ever lets up, that is! Though I couldn't get it to in to view no matter how many shots I had taken, the nob on the left had a bad moon...umm...moon banner, complete with very, very small teeth, and the one of the right has a Jaw plate, again with very, very, very, tiny teeth. I'm hoping that the small work was worth it and they will show up well once painted! 




I really really enjoyed making this one, and spent a good bit of time researching each part today. The axe was a great annoyance! I couldn't get it small enough for him to lean on like in the original model (the 28mm counter part) so had to go for this way. Took me a good couple of hours of drilling and shaping plasti card to get a axe head that not only was a decent shape but the right size! I was pleased with the recycling of parts though. The extra shoulder pad was from the the nob I made the other night (from above) and the Grot helper got his original spanner and finished off an otherwise broken grot mini! I'd hate to cut one of the grotz up as I have so few and like them a lot! I really enjoyed making the power pack, and looking forward to adding a huge versions to gargents and some mek dragsters at a later date!

He still needs a little work- Green stuff back pack belt, as right now its just floating on his back! and some other fine details.

Just don't ask me how he lugs that thing about! It looks like it would weigh a ton! ;D

Comments