Epic 40,000 Ork Horde Conversions (Pt2) killa kan + Gunwagon

More Epic 40k scratch building for the orks this week!

Work on the orks has slowed down this week, as I started a new project for them. Pretty pleased with the minimum conversions I was able to do on the gunwagons I thought how well starting something completely from scratch would pan out...



I think he has come out rather well so far. Unfortunately my photo skills seem to once again show to much of the imperfections and not enough of the minis silhouette, which from ½" away is much much nicer to look at (or so I'm convincing my self!) I still have a lot of work to do to him: work out how to attach the power claw with out making it look too stiff, add the power pack/exhaust port to the back and also to add more rivets! I'm happy with both the claw and the shooter but the photo has not picked up the small details of either! I' m thinking of keeping him with one eye.

Also made a new gunwagon. This one has a roll cage that will be added after painting as I fear putting it on now will impact my painting of the driver + steering column. I'm thinking of adding some more plating to this one. I'm pleased with how the double shooter came out, the turret fitted together perfectly. 




The driver is just blue-tacked right now, as I have not wanted to loose him! I have used one of the much older ork infantry that after shaving down the gun has the perfect pose for a driver! Plus the few of them that I have have all snapped at the leg's so it made perfect sense to slice them up!

I have also just received the last of my birthday presents that my misses ordered. Orkeasaurus and squiggoth set from GW mail order. The squiggoth is a perfect cast, hardly any flash. The orkeasaurus has a couple of small holes and flash but nothing that isn't easily fixed and all are on the underside of the model anyway! I was impressed with the order as I had been worried with ordering anything from them for epic with the rumours that the moulds are getting shoddy and not going to be replaced!

I also received two boxes worth of the old plastic sprues, couple of bits missing-being the bikes and one stomper stomach, luckily I had one stomach I had saved from a lifetime ago. Also had ten more battle wagons in the parcel but not quite enough turrets to go round. (But will be able to scratch build plenty of replacements)

Comments